Ozone for Industrial Water Treatment
Water is a fundamental commodity in nearly every step of industrial processes around the world and must be carefully managed for sustainable use and water reuse. A powerful oxidant with a fast reaction time and no added chemicals, ozone is a proven, effective option for many industrial wastewater treatment applications including complex contamination concerns.
In this webinar, we’ll leverage decades of ozone generation experience, sharing case study examples and compelling data to illustrate how ozone water treatment is used in three primary industrial water treatment applications:
Intake water/process water: Ozone is used for inorganic oxidation, and organics oxidation
Wastewater polishing/treatment: Wastewater disinfection prior to discharge is required in all industries to meet discharge limit/levels. We will discuss how ozone addresses organics removal, taste and odor reduction, color removal and oxidation of surfactants, phenols, hydrocarbons, and toxicity reduction. Learn how tertiary treatment can be integrated in an industrial treatment plant.
Sludge reduction: Ozone can improve biosolid and sludge reduction reducing operating costs
While these three applications are relevant for many industries, we will focus on ozone for industrial wastewater treatment in the following specific industry segments:
- Mining (AOP for ammonia oxidation, cyanide destruction, metals oxidation)
- Chemical & hydrocarbon processing industries (HPI/CPI)
- Pharmaceutical micropollutants and personal care products including contaminants of emerging concern - mycotoxins, 1,4 dioxane, pesticides
- Oil and gas wastewater and heavy industry with specific applications for organics, phenols and surfactants in produced water
- Food and beverage wastewater
- Textile wastewater